Dr. Downey has over 25 years of experience in studying and working with the body. With a Master’s degree in exercise physiology and certifications from the American College of Sports Medicine as both a personal trainer and health and fitness instructor she specialized in injury rehabilitation. While working as a Fitness Director, a colleague suggested that she see a chiropractor for treatment of her lifelong headaches.
She was skeptical - she did not know what a chiropractor did or what their therapy was like. She relented, though, and received treatment. Surprisingly, not only did Dr. Downey find relief for her headaches, but her seasonal allergy symptoms cleared, a major problem with acid reflux was healed, and she noticed a marked improvement in her general health. It was then she decided to alter her career path away toward the chiropractic field where she felt she could help the most people. Thousands of patients are glad she made that decision.Now as a chiropractor she specializes in the Gonstead technique. This method employs specific, objective analyses to determine a diagnosis and treatment plan. This system is highly specific and effective, usually decreasing the number of visits needed to fix your injury.
Life Chiropractic College West -Doctor of Chiropractic - Graduated Summa Cum Laude
University of Massachusetts-MS in Exercise Physiology Indiana University-BS in Exercise Science
Board Certified Doctor of Chiropractic since 2001
Licensed in California and New York
Board certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (ICCSP)
Certified Functional Movement Specialist
Certified Graston Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Therapy Specialist
- Has worked with members of the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League
- On site chiropractor for USTA Men's and Women's tennis events
- On site chiropractor for USTA Women's Professional Tennis Challenger Series Hayward, CA
- Research exercise physiologist studying the effects of exercise on children and the elderly, and as part of a consulting team studying exercise equipment design for Precor
- Lectured at corporate events for Sedgewick, Pacific Bell, Pinnacle Fitness and Bally's Total Fitness; lecturing on back care, nutrition, abdominal strengthening and general fitness training
Dr. Downey is an avid fitness enthusiast. She participates in triathlons as well as running and cycling events. Her favorite athletic accomplishment is the completion of her first marathon. She also enjoys tennis and golf.
Ready to schedule an appointment?
Contact us today!
We help anyone with injuries suck as: back problem, trick knees, sports injuries or carpal tunnel syndrome and many more. Maybe you’ve experienced an injury playing your favorite sport, or have had hand problems like carpal tunnel syndrome from too much keyboard use, limiting your hobby time or even threatening your livelihood. Contact us today to discuss how we can help.